Who is Kelly?
Race car driver … educator … safety advocate … TV personality.
In more ways than one, Kelly Williams is like one of her race cars, strategically driving her way forward at high-speed
Williams has driven race cars for over 15 years, beginning at the tender age of 17. After graduating from teacher’s college at the University of Toronto in 1994, she decided to devote all of her energy to a racing career. Her dedication and skills allowed her to quickly move through the ranks of Canadian motorsport. Soon she started competing in what is now called the NASCAR Canadian Tire Series, the most prestigious arena for stock car racing in Canada.
Today Williams keeps busy as the Spokesperson for Be Car Care Aware, is a driving instructor for BMW, hosts ladies Car Care clinics across the country and has recently launched a new consumer website www.kellysgarage.ca .
- Traveled around the world with the Champcar Series as a Pace Car Driver.
- Tested race vehicles for the Craftsman Truck series.
- Lead driving instructor for Downtown Porsche Women’s Day
- Competed in the One Lap of America race.
- Hosted Mechanical Chicks on Global TV.
- Acted as an expert panellist in a Discovery Channel series called “Canada’s Worst Driver” (Season one).
- Acted as Car Care Canada’s Be Car Care Aware spokesperson since October 2004.
Williams also uses her training in education to teach advanced driving skills for various vehicle manufacturers with a strong focus on safe driving techniques. Off the track, Williams fills her schedule with teaching, public speaking appearances, school visits and trade show participation.
BIRTH DATE: AUGUST 19, 1971
BIRTH PLACE: VAL D'OR, QUEBEC
RESIDENCE: Hockley Valley, ONTARIO